12 December 2018
• Cross-sectional properties of the humeral diaphysis of Paranthropus boisei: Implications for upper limb function
11 December 2018
• Ethnographic Decision Modeling to Understand Smallholder Antibiotic Use for Poultry in Guatemala
• A Biocultural Analysis of Mortuary Practices in the Later Anglo‐Saxon to Anglo‐Norman Black Gate Cemetery, Newcastle‐upon‐Tyne, England
• Subsistence strategies throughout the African Middle Pleistocene: Faunal evidence for behavioral change and continuity across the Earlier to Middle Stone Age transition
• Apprenticeship in Early Neolithic Societies: The Transmission of Technological Knowledge at the Flint Mine of Casa Montero (Madrid, Spain), ca. 5300–5200 cal BC
• Investigating the provenance of Italian archaeological obsidian tools based on their magnetic properties
• Public archaeology cannot just ‘fly at dusk’: the reality and complexities of generating public impact
• Graeme Cavers & Anne Crone. A lake dwelling in its landscape: Iron Age settlement at Cults Loch, Castle Kennedy, Dumfries & Galloway. 2018. Oxford & Philadelphia: Oxbow; 978-1-785-70373-7 £36.
• Spice and rice: pepper, cloves and everyday cereal foods at the ancient port of Mantai, Sri Lanka
• Gaining traction on cattle exploitation: zooarchaeological evidence from the Neolithic Western Balkans
• Archaeological evidence of early settlement in Venice: a comment on Ammerman et al. (2017)
• The effects of heavy-duty machinery on the formation of pseudo-knapping debitage in Stone Age cultural landscapes
• Toby F. Martin & Rosie Weetch (ed.). Dress and society: contributions from archaeology. 2017. Oxford & Philadelphia: Oxbow; 978-1-785-70315-7 £36.
• Archaeometry of Roman Aquitania-Tarraconensis coarse ware pottery from the northern Iberian Peninsula and southern Aquitania
• John Simonsen. Daily life at the turn of the Neolithic. A comparative study of longhouses with sunken floors at Resengaard and nine other settlements in the Limfjord region, South Scandinavia. 2017. Aarhus. Jutland Archaeological Society, Museum Salling a
• Jebel Moya: new excavations at the largest pastoral burial cemetery in sub-Saharan Africa—CORRIGENDUM
• Hella Eckardt. Writing and power in the Roman world: literacies and material culture. 2018. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press; 978-1-108-41805-8 £75.
• Peter S. Bellwood. First islanders: prehistory and human migration in Island Southeast Asia. 2017. Hoboken (NJ): Wiley Blackwell; 978-1-119-25154-5 £60.
• Alicia R. Ventresca Miller & Cheryl A. Makarewicz (ed.). Isotopic investigations of pastoralism in prehistory (Themes in Contemporary Archaeology 4). 2018. Abingdon: Routledge; 978-1-138-30858-9 £105.
• Feeding ancient cities in South Asia: dating the adoption of rice, millet and tropical pulses in the Indus civilisation—CORRIGENDUM
• Timber for the trenches: a new perspective on archaeological wood from First World War trenches in Flanders Fields
• A new chronological model for the Bronze and Iron Age South Caucasus: radiocarbon results from Project ArAGATS, Armenia
• Was there ever a Neolithic in the Neotropics? Plant familiarisation and biodiversity in the Amazon
• Microscopic examination of Mesolithic serpent-like sculptured stones from southern Ukraine
• Silvana A. Rosenfeld & Stefanie L. Bautista (ed.). Rituals of the past. Prehispanic and colonial case studies in Andean archaeology. 2017. Boulder: University Press of Colorado; 978-1-607-32595-6 $77.
• Peter Mitchell. The donkey in human history: an archaeological perspective. 2018. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 978-0-198-74923-3 £65.
10 December 2018
• In Women’s Words: Violence and Everyday Life during the Indonesian Occupation of East Timor 1975–1999
• Residency Counts and Housing Rights: Conflicting Enactments of Property in Lima’s Central Margins
• Physical activity energy expenditure and cardiometabolic health in three rural Kenyan populations
• Body mass index and parasympathetic nervous system reactivity and recovery following graded exercise
• Resource conflicts and the anthropology of the dark and the good in highlands Papua New Guinea
9 December 2018
No articles on this day.
8 December 2018
• A new method to quantify mandibular corpus shape in extant great apes and its potential application to the hominoid fossil record
7 December 2018
• Dimensions of Fatherhood in a Congo Basin Village: A Multimethod Analysis of Intracultural Variation in Men’s Parenting and Its Relevance for Child Health
• Humeral anatomy of the KNM-ER 47000 upper limb skeleton from Ileret, Kenya: Implications for taxonomic identification
• Ecological dimensions of population dynamics and subsistence in Neo-Eneolithic Eastern Europe
• Sex and Death on the Western Emigrant Trail: The Biology of Three American Tragedies. DONALD K. GRAYSON. 2018. University of Utah Press, Salt Lake City. 261 pp. $29.95 (paperback), ISBN 978-1-6078-1602-7.
6 December 2018
• The influence of religious identity and socio-economic status on diet over time, an example from medieval France
• Mississippian Beginnings. GREGORY D. WILSON, editor. 2017. University Press of Florida, Gainesville. ix + 332 pp. $89.95 (hardcover), ISBN 978-1-68340-010-3.