- Altmetric: Alternative metrics to measure scientific research.
- CitationGecko: An original research discovery tool whereby the user selects a number of key works (or 'seed papers') so as to have CitationGecko present related works (with beautiful visualization).
- CrossRef: Harbours the majority of scholarly metadata to interlink millions of research outputs.
- Dimensions: A research data platform which makes connections between grants, publications, trials, patents and policy documents visible.
- Lens.org: Enables the discovery of links among patents and scholarship.
- Publons: Documents peer-review processes.
- ScimagoJR: Provides journal and country ranks for all kinds of research disciplines.
- VOSviewer: a software to visualize scientific landscapes.
Related research discovery resources
- Assert: The best papers from arXiv, bioRxiv, psyArXiv etc. bubble up there each day.
- CrimPapers: This service lists the most recent articles from 111 criminology journals.
- Journalism Research News: A platform discussing and listing latest papers in Journalism studies.
- The Philosophy Paperboy: Publishes the latest contents from circa 550 philosophy journals.
Missing a Link?
Feel free to contact Andreas (ap at ooir dot org) if you have a link that may be interesting to the topic of scholarly communication and research metadata!